Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ladies Golf Attire and Fashion

I was perusing Golf for Women the other day and
wondered where are the women who wear the golf attire
modeled in women’s golf magazines? I’ve never seen
women, professionals included, who would dress in such
expensive and outrageous clothes!

It’s easy to spend money outfitting yourself for golf.
Hats, sunglasses, gloves, shirts, shorts, socks,
windbreakers and shoes all add up quickly, even if you
shop the sales. Add in equipment, bag and cart and you
have to play quite often to keep down the "CPU" - cost
per use.

One glossy advertisement showed a model in short
shorts (like that’s allowed on courses!) that cost
$275, the Tse golf shirt ($595), jacket by Ralph
Lauren ($185) and two-toned Utuser shoes ($425).


That comes up to $1480; I could never hope to get the
CPU on that outfit anywhere near a normal level in my
lifetime! Don’t get me wrong; I love clothes. I really
love shoes, but could never afford, or want, golf
shoes that cost more than the national budget of some
small countries.

Granted, you want comfortable shoes that don’t look
like something your grandmother would wear, but you
can easily find less expensive and fashionable shoes.

I have several really stylish golf outfits, none of
them brand name. If I totaled the cost of all of them
up it would not come up to the price of the Tse golf
shirt. Personally, I’d rather have several stylish
outfits and one outrageously priced one.

If I were to wear a $1480 outfit to play golf, I would
simply be too worried about getting dirty or
perspiring to play a decent round.